Armed robbery at Beneficial Bank in Fox Chase
FOX CHASE - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police and the FBI are searching for the armed man who robbed a bank in the city's Fox Chase section.
It happened around 2:00 Friday afternoon at the Beneficial Bank branch on the 1400 block of Rhawn Street.
Authorities say the suspect walked in, brandished a gun and demanded money from the teller.
After getting an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled, possibly in a black SUV.
Police say the suspect is described as a black male, 6'' tall, 240 pounds with a medium complexion.
He was last seen wearing blue jeans, black shoes, black gloves, a red baseball cap with an unknown white logo, and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
Authorities consider him armed and dangerous. Anyone with information about the robbery or the suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477).
Police say there may be a reward for information leading to the capture and tipsters can remain anonymous.
philadelphia, fox chase, bank robbery, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish