Hazmat crews called to Ewing Township chemical plant
EWING TWP., N.J. - April 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazmat and fire crews were called to a blaze at a chemical plant in Ewing Township, New Jersey early Saturday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. at the Tyger Scientific building located on Stokes Road.
Fire crews were called to the report of light smoke coming from a research lab inside the plant.
Officials then called a hazmat team to the scene from Trenton, New Jersey.
The fire was placed under control and there were no reports of injuries.
The state Department of Environmental protection is on location to assess the damage and potential danger.
hazmat, new jersey, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 50 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014