Hazmat crews called to Ewing Township chemical plant
EWING TWP., N.J. - April 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazmat and fire crews were called to a blaze at a chemical plant in Ewing Township, New Jersey early Saturday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. at the Tyger Scientific building located on Stokes Road.
Fire crews were called to the report of light smoke coming from a research lab inside the plant.
Officials then called a hazmat team to the scene from Trenton, New Jersey.
The fire was placed under control and there were no reports of injuries.
The state Department of Environmental protection is on location to assess the damage and potential danger.
hazmat, new jersey, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos