Hazmat crews called to Ewing Township chemical plant
EWING TWP., N.J. - April 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hazmat and fire crews were called to a blaze at a chemical plant in Ewing Township, New Jersey early Saturday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. at the Tyger Scientific building located on Stokes Road.
Fire crews were called to the report of light smoke coming from a research lab inside the plant.
Officials then called a hazmat team to the scene from Trenton, New Jersey.
The fire was placed under control and there were no reports of injuries.
The state Department of Environmental protection is on location to assess the damage and potential danger.
hazmat, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 17 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 48 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
44 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
48 min ago