NJ man sentenced for distributing child porn
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - April 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal prosecutors say a central New Jersey man has been sentenced to five years in prison for distributing child pornography online.
Jacob Rios of Old Bridge also must register as a sex offender under the sentence imposed Friday and forfeited the laptop and hard drives he used to commit the offense. And once he's freed from prison, Rios will have to serve 10 years of supervised release.
The 25-year-old Rios had pleaded guilty last September to a complaint charging him with one count of distributing child pornography.
Rios admitted that between March and July of 2011, he used a peer-to-peer network to download images and videos of child sex abuse and share them with other users.
children, pornography, new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 39 min ago
- Temps Soar 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 42 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 57 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 59 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 49 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
55 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
39 min ago