Off-duty Philadelphia officer injured in hit-and-run
WEST PHILADELPHIA - April 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Philadelphia police officer was injured in a hit-and-run crash in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 5:00 Saturday morning at the intersection of Walnut and Farragut streets.
Police say the officer was struck by a grey Mercury. The driver of the vehicle then took off.
The officer was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Police are still searching for the driver.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, police, hit and run, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 32 min ago
- Record Warmth! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
32 min ago
- Record Warmth!
17 min ago