Fire destroys 1 row house, damages 2 others in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire destroyed a row house in Wilmington, Delaware early Sunday morning.
It broke out at 2:45 a.m. in an end-of-the-row unit in the 1800 block of West 2nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the first floor, side and rear of the home. It took them about 45 minutes to get the upper hand.
No one home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials say two adjacent homes also sustained heavy smoke and water damage.
Four residents from those homes have been displaced and are staying with family and/or friends.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
delaware, fire, wilmington, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?