Fire destroys 1 row house, damages 2 others in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire destroyed a row house in Wilmington, Delaware early Sunday morning.
It broke out at 2:45 a.m. in an end-of-the-row unit in the 1800 block of West 2nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the first floor, side and rear of the home. It took them about 45 minutes to get the upper hand.
No one home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials say two adjacent homes also sustained heavy smoke and water damage.
Four residents from those homes have been displaced and are staying with family and/or friends.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
delaware, fire, wilmington, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 47 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 14 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Video: Beating turns dropout into genius 51 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
47 min ago