North Philadelphia woman shot dead ID'd, vigil held
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A vigil was held Monday night for a woman identified by those attending as 29-year-old Malaysia Jessie who was shot and killed on a North Philadelphia street over the weekend.
Jessie's mother, 11-year-old son, friends and the community gathered around 7:00 p.m. along the 3200 block of Bailey Street to remember the single mother whose life ended with gunfire.
Officials say it was on Bailey Street Sunday morning where Jessie was shot twice in the head and pronounced dead.
An investigation is underway, and so far no arrests have been made.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands