North Philadelphia woman shot dead ID'd, vigil held
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A vigil was held Monday night for a woman identified by those attending as 29-year-old Malaysia Jessie who was shot and killed on a North Philadelphia street over the weekend.
Jessie's mother, 11-year-old son, friends and the community gathered around 7:00 p.m. along the 3200 block of Bailey Street to remember the single mother whose life ended with gunfire.
Officials say it was on Bailey Street Sunday morning where Jessie was shot twice in the head and pronounced dead.
An investigation is underway, and so far no arrests have been made.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 23 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 12 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 25 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 17 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
25 min ago