North Philadelphia woman shot dead ID'd, vigil held
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A vigil was held Monday night for a woman identified by those attending as 29-year-old Malaysia Jessie who was shot and killed on a North Philadelphia street over the weekend.
Jessie's mother, 11-year-old son, friends and the community gathered around 7:00 p.m. along the 3200 block of Bailey Street to remember the single mother whose life ended with gunfire.
Officials say it was on Bailey Street Sunday morning where Jessie was shot twice in the head and pronounced dead.
An investigation is underway, and so far no arrests have been made.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
33 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
20 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
17 min ago