Brush fire destroys offices in Montgomery County
HORSHAM, Pa. - April 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A multi-alarm fire kept firefighters busy in Horsham, Pa. Sunday afternoon.
The call came in before 2:00 p.m. for a brush fire that had spread to the Blair Mill Professional Center in the 200 block of Blair Mill Road.
After crews arrived on the scene, fire officials quickly struck the 2nd and 3rd alarms.
The fire was placed under control around 4 p.m. but firefighters remained on the scene for hours afterward dousing hot spots. Demolition on the remains of the structure started Sunday evening.
Investigators say the fire started in a bush in the front of the buidling, but spread quickly due to high winds. Surrounding apartments were being evacuated due to heavy smoke in the area. Officials tell Action News the fire did not pose a threat to the residences.
The Blair Mill Professional Center houses several medical offices.
Fire investigators are working to determine exactly what triggered the blaze.
pennsylvania, fire, brush fire, montgomery county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 18 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
28 min ago