Brush fire destroys offices in Montgomery County
HORSHAM, Pa. - April 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A multi-alarm fire kept firefighters busy in Horsham, Pa. Sunday afternoon.
The call came in before 2:00 p.m. for a brush fire that had spread to the Blair Mill Professional Center in the 200 block of Blair Mill Road.
After crews arrived on the scene, fire officials quickly struck the 2nd and 3rd alarms.
The fire was placed under control around 4 p.m. but firefighters remained on the scene for hours afterward dousing hot spots. Demolition on the remains of the structure started Sunday evening.
Investigators say the fire started in a bush in the front of the buidling, but spread quickly due to high winds. Surrounding apartments were being evacuated due to heavy smoke in the area. Officials tell Action News the fire did not pose a threat to the residences.
The Blair Mill Professional Center houses several medical offices.
Fire investigators are working to determine exactly what triggered the blaze.
pennsylvania, fire, brush fire, montgomery county, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 30 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Robber slashed with sushi knife; suspect's mom talks 1 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 35 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 49 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 38 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 42 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 49 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
35 min ago