Brush fire destroys offices in Montgomery County
HORSHAM, Pa. - April 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A multi-alarm fire kept firefighters busy in Horsham, Pa. Sunday afternoon.
The call came in before 2:00 p.m. for a brush fire that had spread to the Blair Mill Professional Center in the 200 block of Blair Mill Road.
After crews arrived on the scene, fire officials quickly struck the 2nd and 3rd alarms.
The fire was placed under control around 4 p.m. but firefighters remained on the scene for hours afterward dousing hot spots. Demolition on the remains of the structure started Sunday evening.
Investigators say the fire started in a bush in the front of the buidling, but spread quickly due to high winds. Surrounding apartments were being evacuated due to heavy smoke in the area. Officials tell Action News the fire did not pose a threat to the residences.
The Blair Mill Professional Center houses several medical offices.
Fire investigators are working to determine exactly what triggered the blaze.
pennsylvania, fire, brush fire, montgomery county, local/state
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!