Police shoot, kill man after dispute with cabbie
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a man is dead after a police-involved shooting that followed a dispute with a cab driver.
Officials tell Action News that the man, aged 26, was shot and killed along the 1500 block of Arrott Street in Northeast Philadelphia at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
The man allegedly refused to pay his fare and struggled with the driver. When officers who were nearby responded to the scene, the man fled to the 1500 block of Arrott Street where he turned and pointed a gun at police.
Officers shot the man and he died at Temple University Hospital.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, police, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 7 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ