Trenton fireman statue knocked from its base
TRENTON, N.J. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Trenton police have arrested a man for allegedly knocking a bronze statue of a firefighter in front of City Hall off its base and breaking the head off the monument.
Police say 28-year-old Kylike Fischer is charged with criminal mischief.
Officials tell The Trentonian the damage was done around noon Sunday.
An official with the Trenton Firemen's Benevolent Association says a witness told a security guard, who told police.
The statue is more than a century old and memorializes firefighters who died in the line of duty.
It's been moved to the Trenton Fire Department's museum so it will not be damaged further.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Trentonian, http://www.trentonian.com
trenton, new jersey, vandalism, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids