Monmouth County boy dies, allergy suspected
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities suspect a Monmouth County boy died of an allergic reaction after leaving a Princeton church with his mother.
South Brunswick police tell The Home News Tribune the family was returning home after stopping at a coffee shop when the 8-year-old began having trouble breathing near Route 27 Sunday.
Detective Sgt. Jim Ryan says the boy went into cardiac arrest when police arrived and an emergency injection failed to revive him.
The child was taken to University Medical Center of Princeton, where he was pronounced dead.
Ryan says the boy was allergic to milk and it's not clear if the 8-year-old drank it by mistake.
The family's name has not been released.
Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , http://www.mycentraljersey.com
new jersey, monmouth county, child death, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 2 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
2 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
2 min ago