Beau Biden proposes new gun laws for Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- New legislation proposed in Delaware would toughen penalties for offenders who commit crimes with guns.
Attorney General Beau Biden was in Wilmington to announce four new bills.
One would increase the minimum mandatory sentences for violent felons convicted of illegally having a gun.
"We view these bills as game-changers," said Biden. "They will help put the most dangerous offenders in jail for longer, where they can't hurt anyone, especially our kids."
Another law would give minimum jail sentences to juvenile gun offenders who go on to commit a gun offense as an adult.
All four measures require approval by the General Assembly to become law.
delaware, guns, beau biden, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 45 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 25 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 17 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply