Beau Biden proposes new gun laws for Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- New legislation proposed in Delaware would toughen penalties for offenders who commit crimes with guns.
Attorney General Beau Biden was in Wilmington to announce four new bills.
One would increase the minimum mandatory sentences for violent felons convicted of illegally having a gun.
"We view these bills as game-changers," said Biden. "They will help put the most dangerous offenders in jail for longer, where they can't hurt anyone, especially our kids."
Another law would give minimum jail sentences to juvenile gun offenders who go on to commit a gun offense as an adult.
All four measures require approval by the General Assembly to become law.
delaware, guns, beau biden, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 9 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 49 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 25 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 2 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
2 min ago