Attempted lurings targeted girls in Montgomery County
NEW HANOVER TWP., Pa. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in New Hanover Township are investigating two attempted lurings that happened less than a day apart.
The first happened Thursday in front of the Wawa on Route 663 at Swamp Pike.
A 13-year-old girl told police two men in a dark brown Dodge minivan tried to get her to go with them.
The second luring attempt happened just after 9:00 p.m. Friday on Donald Drive near Buchert Road in Pottstown.
Three girls told investigators two men in a beat-up pickup truck drove up behind them and used a some kind of public address system to say, "Don't move. Don't even run away. Get in the car."
The girls ran away and were not injured.
Police are looking for an older rusty gray or white pickup truck with tinted windows, a cap on the back, and a blue light on the roof.
Anyone in the area who sees either vehicle is asked to call 911 immediately.
pennsylvania, luring, montgomery county, local/state
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 31 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 10 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 36 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
31 min ago