Attempted lurings targeted girls in Montgomery County
NEW HANOVER TWP., Pa. - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in New Hanover Township are investigating two attempted lurings that happened less than a day apart.
The first happened Thursday in front of the Wawa on Route 663 at Swamp Pike.
A 13-year-old girl told police two men in a dark brown Dodge minivan tried to get her to go with them.
The second luring attempt happened just after 9:00 p.m. Friday on Donald Drive near Buchert Road in Pottstown.
Three girls told investigators two men in a beat-up pickup truck drove up behind them and used a some kind of public address system to say, "Don't move. Don't even run away. Get in the car."
The girls ran away and were not injured.
Police are looking for an older rusty gray or white pickup truck with tinted windows, a cap on the back, and a blue light on the roof.
Anyone in the area who sees either vehicle is asked to call 911 immediately.
pennsylvania, luring, montgomery county, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 45 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
27 min ago