Fire claims woman's life in Fairfield, Cumberland Co.
FAIRFIELD, N.J. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A South Jersey house fire claimed a woman's life Monday night.
It happened on Waldens Drive in Fairfield, Cumberland County.
The blaze broke out at 10:40 p.m. Monday and quickly tore through the house.
A husband and wife were inside.
Authorities say 84-year-old Irvin Hatch jumped out of a second floor window into some bushes. Medics rushed him to Cooper University Hospital in Camden. His condition has not been released.
81-year-old Martha Hatch became trapped in a section of the house that collapsed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
It took firefighters 45 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, new jersey, cumberland county, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 2 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail 28 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 47 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Tonight at 11: Are undercover stings...
40 min ago