14-year-old boy in custody after reported rape of teen girl
KENSINGTON - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 14-year-old boy is in custody in connection with the alleged rape of a teenage girl in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
The assault reportedly took place around 11:00 p.m. Monday on the 2600 block of Collins Street.
The victim, also 14, was hospitalized after the incident.
Police found the suspect nearby and took him into custody.
There is no word on charges at this time.
kensington, philadelphia, sex assault, rape, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 24 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
15 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
24 min ago