Kitchen fire spreads, destroying 4 homes in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are on the scene of an intense fire, which has so far destroyed four homes in Chester, Delaware County.
Flames broke out inside a house on the 300 block of Trainer Street.
Arriving firefighters were greeted by heavy flames inside the home, and quickly struck a second alarm.
Initial reports from the scene indicate that a woman, who lives in the house where the fire originated, was cooking. She allegedly went upstairs and when she returned to the kitchen the room was on fire.
One woman was treated for smoke inhalation and a firefighter was transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center after suffering a cut just below his left eye after breaking out a window.
Fire officials say one cat perished in the blaze.
The Red Cross has responded to the scene to help those displaced by the fire.
chester, delaware county, pennsylvania, fire, red cross, 6at4, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 41 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ