Kitchen fire spreads, destroying 4 homes in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are on the scene of an intense fire, which has so far destroyed four homes in Chester, Delaware County.
Flames broke out inside a house on the 300 block of Trainer Street.
Arriving firefighters were greeted by heavy flames inside the home, and quickly struck a second alarm.
Initial reports from the scene indicate that a woman, who lives in the house where the fire originated, was cooking. She allegedly went upstairs and when she returned to the kitchen the room was on fire.
One woman was treated for smoke inhalation and a firefighter was transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center after suffering a cut just below his left eye after breaking out a window.
Fire officials say one cat perished in the blaze.
The Red Cross has responded to the scene to help those displaced by the fire.
chester, delaware county, pennsylvania, fire, red cross, 6at4, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 57 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 7 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 14 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash