Volunteer firefighter, 2 others charged in Bucks County mansion arson
BENSALEM TWP., Pa. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have charged a volunteer firefighter and two other men in connection with a fire that damaged an historic mansion in Bucks County.
Nicholas Ricciardi, 21, Michael Kurfuss, 19, and Dennis Rose III, 19, all of Levittown, Pa. are charged with arson and related offenses. Ricciardi served as a volunteer firefighter in Bristol Township, Pa.
Investigators say the three men broke into the 237-year-old Croydon Mansion on Gibson Road on February 22nd set it on fire. Police say the blaze caused substantial damage to the building. No one was injured.
Police say the suspects are part of a gang calling itself the Black Flag Family and set the fire intending to destroy the mansion.
All three have been in custody since the end of February on armed robbery charges.
They were arraigned by video Tuesday. Bail was set at 10 percent of $200,000 for each suspect.
pennsylvania, arson, bucks county, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 20 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man 37 min ago
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 12 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 21 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 22 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Wintry Weekend
16 min ago