Brothers charged in Berks County for murders of 2 men and a female witness
READING, Pa. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have announced the arrests of two brothers in the killings of two men in Reading and a woman whose burned body was later found in Lehigh County.
Prosecutors say Ruscombmanor Township residents Michael Alan Wilkins and Maurice Adrian Wilkins face charges of first- and third-degree murder and related charges.
That's in connection with the Dec. 4 slayings of 22-year-old Rafael Alequin and 22-year-old Dario McLemore in Reading. Investigators say the body of the third victim, Jennifer Velez-Negron, was found on a road in Salisbury Township on Dec. 27.
Prosecutors say Velez-Negron had witnessed the slayings in Reading and been involved in a drug transaction that led to the killings. Her body was found with legs tied together and a cloth in her mouth.
It couldn't immediately be determined if the suspects had attorneys.
pennsylvania, homicide, reading, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 40 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
41 min ago