Brothers charged in Berks County for murders of 2 men and a female witness
READING, Pa. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have announced the arrests of two brothers in the killings of two men in Reading and a woman whose burned body was later found in Lehigh County.
Prosecutors say Ruscombmanor Township residents Michael Alan Wilkins and Maurice Adrian Wilkins face charges of first- and third-degree murder and related charges.
That's in connection with the Dec. 4 slayings of 22-year-old Rafael Alequin and 22-year-old Dario McLemore in Reading. Investigators say the body of the third victim, Jennifer Velez-Negron, was found on a road in Salisbury Township on Dec. 27.
Prosecutors say Velez-Negron had witnessed the slayings in Reading and been involved in a drug transaction that led to the killings. Her body was found with legs tied together and a cloth in her mouth.
It couldn't immediately be determined if the suspects had attorneys.
pennsylvania, homicide, reading, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed