Body found by road was Millersville U. student
LANCASTER, Pa. - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the body of a college student was found lying on a central Pennsylvania road, but the coroner still isn't sure how he died.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports 19-year-old Millersville University student Kevin Chavez was found on a road near a silo in West Hempfield Township around 9:30 p.m. Monday. Police say his car was parked nearby.
Lancaster County Coroner Stephen Diamantoni conducted an autopsy Tuesday and says Chavez suffered multiple traumatic injuries. But he says the manner of death still hasn't been determined.
University spokeswoman Janet Kacskos says Chavez was a good student and that school officials are reaching out to his family.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
lancaster county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 26 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 6 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 22 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 24 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 20 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures