Body found by road was Millersville U. student
LANCASTER, Pa. - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the body of a college student was found lying on a central Pennsylvania road, but the coroner still isn't sure how he died.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports 19-year-old Millersville University student Kevin Chavez was found on a road near a silo in West Hempfield Township around 9:30 p.m. Monday. Police say his car was parked nearby.
Lancaster County Coroner Stephen Diamantoni conducted an autopsy Tuesday and says Chavez suffered multiple traumatic injuries. But he says the manner of death still hasn't been determined.
University spokeswoman Janet Kacskos says Chavez was a good student and that school officials are reaching out to his family.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
lancaster county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 11 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 59 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 42 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland 12 min ago
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
11 min ago