Woman stabbed to death inside West Oak Lane apartment
WEST OAK LANE - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was stabbed to death inside an apartment in Philadelphia West Oak Lane section Wednesday morning.
It was just before 10:00 a.m. when police were called out to the 1600 block of West Chelten Avenue.
When officers arrived they found a woman in her 30s suffering from a stab wound to the chest.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to police, someone inside the building found the victim and then notified authorities. Police do not know how long the victim was dead before being found.
There is no word on arrests or a motive at this time.
The victim's identity has not been released.
west oak lane, philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 15 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 12 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 58 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 32 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos