Woman stabbed to death inside West Oak Lane apartment
WEST OAK LANE - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was stabbed to death inside an apartment in Philadelphia West Oak Lane section Wednesday morning.
It was just before 10:00 a.m. when police were called out to the 1600 block of West Chelten Avenue.
When officers arrived they found a woman in her 30s suffering from a stab wound to the chest.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to police, someone inside the building found the victim and then notified authorities. Police do not know how long the victim was dead before being found.
There is no word on arrests or a motive at this time.
The victim's identity has not been released.
west oak lane, philadelphia, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad