Shotgun-wielding bandit robs barber shop in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is in custody after a barber shop robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened after 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said the suspect walked into the business in the 6600 block of Castor Avenue and pulled out a shotgun shortly after 9 a.m.
He took cash from several customers and ran away.
Officers in the area spotted the suspect a short time later and chased him on foot.
They caught up with him in the 1200 block of Magee Street and took him into custody.
No one was injured.
philadelphia, robbery, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ