Shotgun-wielding bandit robs barber shop in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is in custody after a barber shop robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened after 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said the suspect walked into the business in the 6600 block of Castor Avenue and pulled out a shotgun shortly after 9 a.m.
He took cash from several customers and ran away.
Officers in the area spotted the suspect a short time later and chased him on foot.
They caught up with him in the 1200 block of Magee Street and took him into custody.
No one was injured.
philadelphia, robbery, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia