Shotgun-wielding bandit robs barber shop in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is in custody after a barber shop robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened after 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said the suspect walked into the business in the 6600 block of Castor Avenue and pulled out a shotgun shortly after 9 a.m.
He took cash from several customers and ran away.
Officers in the area spotted the suspect a short time later and chased him on foot.
They caught up with him in the 1200 block of Magee Street and took him into custody.
No one was injured.
philadelphia, robbery, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 30 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 30 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos