Shotgun-wielding bandit robs barber shop in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is in custody after a barber shop robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened after 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said the suspect walked into the business in the 6600 block of Castor Avenue and pulled out a shotgun shortly after 9 a.m.
He took cash from several customers and ran away.
Officers in the area spotted the suspect a short time later and chased him on foot.
They caught up with him in the 1200 block of Magee Street and took him into custody.
No one was injured.
philadelphia, robbery, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 29 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 53 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 31 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
27 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
29 min ago