Burglary at Philadelphia day care caught on video
PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released surveillance video of a man stealing a computer from a city day care.
The burglary happened at 6:25 a.m. Tuesday at the Kids are Fit Day Care at 6110 Germantown Avenue.
The video shows the entire crime in progress, starting with the man's approach to the building.
He tries to open the door but, apparently finding it locked, walks away.
The video then cuts to his second approach and, this time, he pushes on the door until he breaks through.
Once inside, another camera shows the man looking around before he goes to a computer and pulls it off a desk.
He then places the Acer all-in-one touch screen desktop in his shoulder bag.
Cameras then show him then leaving through the front door.
The suspect is described as black male in his late teens to early twenties. He has a medium complexion with a beard, mustache and sideburns. He also has tattoos on his face, neck and the back of his hands. He was wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt with white draw strings, gray cargo pants, bright red sneakers and carrying a tan shoulder bag.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or go to PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 39 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 55 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa 50 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
30 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
18 min ago