4 adults charged, identified in Center City fight (PHOTOS)
CENTER CITY - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office has charged and identified four adults allegedly involved in a large fight in Center City.
Mitchell Symeir, Tymere Wilder, Rashaun Green, and Kenyatta Long - all 18 years old - were charged with Conspiracy, Obstructing Highways, Failure to Disperse and Disorderly Conduct.
All four are currently awaiting arraignment.
A total of 14 people were arrested following the incident Tuesday afternoon in the area of 15th and Chestnut. The other 10 suspects are juveniles, the D.A.'s office said.
And of the 14 suspects, 11 were males and 3 were females, police said.
Additionally, investigators said the group was mostly made up of students. The boys were from Overbrook, Roman Catholic, Bishop McDevitt and Camelot. The girls were from Hallahan, Randolf Technical and Academy at Palumbo.
Police were called to the area of 15th and Chestnut streets at 3:50 p.m.
There, officers reported some 200 people on the street, and some were actively fighting.
Officers called for backup and the situation was declared 'under control' at 4:05 p.m.
However, some members of the crowd refused to leave and that's when arrests were made.
philadelphia, center city, fight, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs