Murder suspect at large in Pottstown, Pennsylvania bar shooting
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Pottstown are searching for one of two suspects in connection with a murder outside a Pottstown bar.
Michael Hinton is already in police custody.
Authorities are still looking for his cousin, Maurice Andrews, Jr.
Prosecutors say both men targeted Victor Enrique Bonilla Baez, a.k.a. Vincent Taylor, outside Brian's Cafe on Jefferson Avenue in the early morning hours of March 22nd.
They say Baez tried to grab Hinton's weapon as Baez came out of the bar, and that Andrews opened fire, wounding Hinton and killing Baez.
Several hours later, police say they found Hinton limping down Lesher Alley in Pottstown with a gunshot wound to the leg.
They took Hinton to the hospital. Investigators say he later told them how he and Andrews ambushed and killed Baez.
Hinton has been in custody since the murder and was arraigned on murder charges Wednesday afternoon.
Andrews is still at large and considered armed and dangerous.
Police are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact the Montgomery County Detective Bureau at 610-278-3373.
pennsylvania, homicide, pottstown, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police