16-year-old boy shot in Southwest Philadelphia robbery
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a violent robbery attempt that sent a 16-year-old boy to the hospital Wednesday night.
The unidentified young man was shot in the thigh around 8:30 p.m. at 65th and Elmwood.
He was shot during an attempted robbery in front of a water ice stand.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
So far, police have made no arrests.
shooting, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
3 min ago