16-year-old boy shot in Southwest Philadelphia robbery
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a violent robbery attempt that sent a 16-year-old boy to the hospital Wednesday night.
The unidentified young man was shot in the thigh around 8:30 p.m. at 65th and Elmwood.
He was shot during an attempted robbery in front of a water ice stand.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
So far, police have made no arrests.
shooting, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 26 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 28 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 37 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 27 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
26 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
28 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
37 min ago