Police still probing death of Millersville University student
LANCASTER, Pa. - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the death of a college student whose body was found along a road in central Pennsylvania.
Motorists discovered the body of 19-year-old Millersville University student Kevin Chavez on a road near a silo in West Hempfield Township around 9:30 p.m. Monday. Police say his car was parked nearby.
Lancaster County Coroner Stephen Diamantoni conducted an autopsy Tuesday and says Chavez suffered multiple traumatic injuries. But he says the manner of death still hasn't been determined.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports West Hempfield Township police Chief Mark Pugliese says authorities still aren't sure what caused the traumatic injuries. They're trying to establish a timeline of Chavez's whereabouts before he died.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
lancaster county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 59 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 19 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash