Organs of boy, 6, shot in Toms River donated
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The parents of a 6-year-old boy who was shot and killed by a 4-year-old in Toms River, New Jersey have decided to donate their son's organs.
The parents said they made the decision because it could "do some good."
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office took over the case of Brandon Holt's death because the parents of the 4-year-old have relatives who worked in law enforcement in Ocean County.
Police said the boys were playing Monday when the 4-year-old got a loaded .22-caliber rifle from his family's Toms River home and accidentally shot Holt in the head.
Investigators want to know how the younger boy got the gun.
Meanwhile, Holt's funeral will take place Saturday.
children, shooting, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 13 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 14 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
14 min ago