2 arrested for copper theft in West Mount Airy
WEST MOUNT AIRY - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men have been arrested for allegedly stealing copper piping from an apartment building in West Mount Airy.
Willie Reed and Ralph Jarvis were arrested earlier this week for the burglary on March 17th.
According to police, Reed and Jarvis were caught on surveillance video forcing open the front door to an apartment building at 126 West Allens Lane.
Police say the pair initially left, only to return with bolt cutters.
Once inside, police say the men took sections of copper pipe from the building, valued at $70.
A week later, surveillance video of the burglary was released and, police say, a 14th District Officer watched the video and recognized the men.
Both Reed and Jarvis were arrested without incident.
philadelphia, west mount airy, burglary, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 1 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish