2 arrested for copper theft in West Mount Airy
WEST MOUNT AIRY - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men have been arrested for allegedly stealing copper piping from an apartment building in West Mount Airy.
Willie Reed and Ralph Jarvis were arrested earlier this week for the burglary on March 17th.
According to police, Reed and Jarvis were caught on surveillance video forcing open the front door to an apartment building at 126 West Allens Lane.
Police say the pair initially left, only to return with bolt cutters.
Once inside, police say the men took sections of copper pipe from the building, valued at $70.
A week later, surveillance video of the burglary was released and, police say, a 14th District Officer watched the video and recognized the men.
Both Reed and Jarvis were arrested without incident.
philadelphia, west mount airy, burglary, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1