2 injured in Southwest Philadelphia house fire
PHILADELPHIA - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A house fire injured two people in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
Fire crews arrived on scene in the 1700 block of South Yewdall Street at 4:12 a.m. to find heavy smoke coming from the basement of the two-story home.
According to officials, one male was transported to the hospital in stable condition and another victim, a female, was also transported to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the fire marshal.
fire, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?