Tioga Nicetown fire leaves man hospitalized
TIOGA NICETOWN - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 50-year-old man was injured in a fast-moving house fire in Philadelphia's Tioga Nicetown section Friday morning.
Flames broke out just before 7:00 a.m. on 1800 block of W Ontario Street.
Heavy fire was showing on the second floor of the house when firefighters arrived.
The injured man was transported to Temple University Hospital in respiratory distress. His condition is unknown at this time.
Officials are investigating what may have sparked the fire.
tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 5 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
5 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
5 min ago