Tioga Nicetown fire leaves man hospitalized
TIOGA NICETOWN - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 50-year-old man was injured in a fast-moving house fire in Philadelphia's Tioga Nicetown section Friday morning.
Flames broke out just before 7:00 a.m. on 1800 block of W Ontario Street.
Heavy fire was showing on the second floor of the house when firefighters arrived.
The injured man was transported to Temple University Hospital in respiratory distress. His condition is unknown at this time.
Officials are investigating what may have sparked the fire.
tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ