Pa. girl's fatal 8-story fall ruled an accident
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- The death of a teenage girl who fell eight stories while trying to climb down a makeshift rope hanging from her suburban Philadelphia apartment window has been ruled an accident.
Authorities say the 14-year-old girl had been sent to her room by her foster parents when she decided to try to escape out the window at the Marquis Apartments in Upper Merion on Tuesday night. Police say she fashioned a rope of shoelaces and electrical cords and tied it to a heating unit.
The Times Herald reports Upper Merion Police Chief Tom Nolan says investigators believe she fell as she climbed out the window and that she never got onto the makeshift rope. A coroner has ruled the death accidental.
The girl's name has not been released.
Information from: The Times Herald, http://www.timesherald.com/
pennsylvania, montgomery county, child death, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 47 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 3 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 54 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 1 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 5 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 9 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos