Lansdale man facing trial in alleged landlord threats
LANSDALE, Pa. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia man accused of threatening to kill his landlord with a knife and a tire iron will face trial, but the most serious charge has been dismissed.
Twenty-three-year-old Lansdale resident William Keith Kane faces six charges, including misdemeanor simple assault, misdemeanor recklessly endangering another person and other counts. The Reporter of Lansdale reports a judge has dismissed a felony charge of aggravated assault due to insufficient evidence.
Investigators say the landlord reported last month that Kane threatened him after he told him that he was behind on his rent and breaking house rules. He said Kane grabbed a knife and said he wasn't going to pay him and was going to kill him.
Later, the landlord alleges he asked Kane for his key and Kane threatened him with a tire iron.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ