Lansdale man facing trial in alleged landlord threats
LANSDALE, Pa. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia man accused of threatening to kill his landlord with a knife and a tire iron will face trial, but the most serious charge has been dismissed.
Twenty-three-year-old Lansdale resident William Keith Kane faces six charges, including misdemeanor simple assault, misdemeanor recklessly endangering another person and other counts. The Reporter of Lansdale reports a judge has dismissed a felony charge of aggravated assault due to insufficient evidence.
Investigators say the landlord reported last month that Kane threatened him after he told him that he was behind on his rent and breaking house rules. He said Kane grabbed a knife and said he wasn't going to pay him and was going to kill him.
Later, the landlord alleges he asked Kane for his key and Kane threatened him with a tire iron.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 5 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape