Shooting victims drive selves to Trenton hospital
TRENTON, N.J. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two shooting victims are being treated for their injuries after they drove themselves to a hospital in Trenton, New Jersey on Friday.
Police sources tell Action News that the two drove themselves to Capital Health Regional Medical Center at 750 Brunswick Avenue at around 2:30 p.m. and arrived in a blue GMC Envoy.
One man had been shot once, the other had been shot twice.
A spokesperson for the hospital confirmed to Action News the victims were not shot at the hospital.
"One gentleman walked into the emergency department and indicated that there was another person in the car. Staff went out to get the other person out of the car and bring them into the emergency department," said hospital spokeswoman Jayne O'Connor.
Police believe the men may have been shot on Oakland Street. Officers are looking there for evidence in this shooting.
One of the shooting victims is in surgery.
Most of the hospital remains under normal operation. The ER is on lockdown for the investigation.
Hospital officials say it is not unusual these days for shooting victims to drive themselves to the ER or for part of the hospital to be on lockdown.
new jersey, trenton, shooting, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 40 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 10 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 41 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
10 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos