Rowan University student killed by suspected DUI driver
GLASSBORO, N.J. - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a suspected drunk driver allegedly struck and killed a young Rowan University student in Gloucester County.
It happened around 12:30 Friday morning along State Street in Glassboro.
Authorities say 22-year-old Matthew Uhl was struck by a vehicle driven by 26-year-old Derrick Gilliam.
Uhl was taken to Cooper University Medical Center where he died Friday afternoon from his injuries.
Police say there was an odor of alcohol on Gilliam's breath and an open bottle of vodka on the floor of his car.
Gilliam is being held on $25,000 bail. Glassboro Police continue to investigate.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 51 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 19 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 22 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...