Firefighters battle house fire in Long Beach Island
LONG BEACH ISLAND, N.J. - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating a house fire at the Jersey Shore.
Fire crews were called to the 8000 block of Beach Avenue near East Surf Avenue in Long Beach Island just after 11:30 Friday night.
Officials say the blaze broke out in a second floor bedroom.
Officials tell Action News the fire rekindled some time later and crews were called back to residence for a second alarm.
The fire was brought under control within an hour.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 32 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 56 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos