Firefighters battle house fire in Long Beach Island
LONG BEACH ISLAND, N.J. - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating a house fire at the Jersey Shore.
Fire crews were called to the 8000 block of Beach Avenue near East Surf Avenue in Long Beach Island just after 11:30 Friday night.
Officials say the blaze broke out in a second floor bedroom.
Officials tell Action News the fire rekindled some time later and crews were called back to residence for a second alarm.
The fire was brought under control within an hour.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 50 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 58 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
58 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
50 min ago