Pedestrian hospitalized after being hit by car in Olney
PHILADELPHIA - April 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an accident that injured a pedestrian in the Olney section late Friday night.
It happened near the intersection of North 5th Street and Godfrey Avenue just before midnight.
Medics rushed the victim to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
Police have not released the victim's identity.
Police say the driver remained at the scene, but there is no word on any charges being filed.
pedestrian struck, accident, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 56 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
56 min ago