University of Delaware student struck, killed by train
NEWARK, Del. - April 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a University of Delaware student was struck and killed by a CSX train in Newark.
It happened around 7:30 Saturday morning on the tracks behind the 100 block of East Cleveland Avenue.
The train was travelling westbound when 20-year-old Nolan Sandlin was hit.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say Sandlin, who was by himself at the time, stepped into the path of the train.
No further information has been released.
delaware, newark, pedestrian struck, train accident, local/state
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 10 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk