University of Delaware student struck, killed by train
NEWARK, Del. - April 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a University of Delaware student was struck and killed by a CSX train in Newark.
It happened around 7:30 Saturday morning on the tracks behind the 100 block of East Cleveland Avenue.
The train was travelling westbound when 20-year-old Nolan Sandlin was hit.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say Sandlin, who was by himself at the time, stepped into the path of the train.
No further information has been released.
delaware, newark, pedestrian struck, train accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 4 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
28 min ago