Delaware mom finds gun in son's bag, turns him in
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police say a mother turned her teenage son in when she found a handgun in his backpack.
It happened around 11:15 Saturday morning on the 300 block of North Scott Street.
18-year-old Michael Colon's mother found the gun after looking in his backpack after the two had an argument.
Police say she was concerned that he was keeping late hours and hanging out in high crime areas.
Upon making the discovery she informed police.
Authorities say Colon is a convicted felon and prohibited from possessing firearms.
Colon was arraigned and later released after posting $10,000 secured bond.
delaware, wilmington, guns, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 22 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 42 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
42 min ago