Delaware mom finds gun in son's bag, turns him in
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police say a mother turned her teenage son in when she found a handgun in his backpack.
It happened around 11:15 Saturday morning on the 300 block of North Scott Street.
18-year-old Michael Colon's mother found the gun after looking in his backpack after the two had an argument.
Police say she was concerned that he was keeping late hours and hanging out in high crime areas.
Upon making the discovery she informed police.
Authorities say Colon is a convicted felon and prohibited from possessing firearms.
Colon was arraigned and later released after posting $10,000 secured bond.
delaware, wilmington, guns, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Wintry Weekend 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 31 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 30 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 50 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 33 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
31 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
30 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
48 min ago