Hit-and-run driver strikes 11-year-old girl in Haddonfield
HADDONFIELD, N.J. - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in South Jersey are looking for a hit-and-run driver who struck a child.
Authorities say an 11-year-old girl suffered a broken leg when she was hit in the 700 block of Haddon Avenue in Haddonfield at 8:43 p.m. Saturday.
The suspect's car, described as either a 1996 or 1997 Ford Thunderbird or 1996 or 1997 Mercury Cougar, took off.
Investigators say the vehicle is possibly silver or grey and should have damage on the passenger side front corner, including a broken turn signal lens.
The victim remains in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital in Camden.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Haddonfield Police at 856-429-3000.
new jersey, hit and run, accident, camden county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 5 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 14 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 32 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos