Hit-and-run driver strikes 11-year-old girl in Haddonfield
HADDONFIELD, N.J. - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in South Jersey are looking for a hit-and-run driver who struck a child.
Authorities say an 11-year-old girl suffered a broken leg when she was hit in the 700 block of Haddon Avenue in Haddonfield at 8:43 p.m. Saturday.
The suspect's car, described as either a 1996 or 1997 Ford Thunderbird or 1996 or 1997 Mercury Cougar, took off.
Investigators say the vehicle is possibly silver or grey and should have damage on the passenger side front corner, including a broken turn signal lens.
The victim remains in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital in Camden.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Haddonfield Police at 856-429-3000.
new jersey, hit and run, accident, camden county, local/state
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 28 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash