Hit-and-run driver strikes 11-year-old girl in Haddonfield
HADDONFIELD, N.J. - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in South Jersey are looking for a hit-and-run driver who struck a child.
Authorities say an 11-year-old girl suffered a broken leg when she was hit in the 700 block of Haddon Avenue in Haddonfield at 8:43 p.m. Saturday.
The suspect's car, described as either a 1996 or 1997 Ford Thunderbird or 1996 or 1997 Mercury Cougar, took off.
Investigators say the vehicle is possibly silver or grey and should have damage on the passenger side front corner, including a broken turn signal lens.
The victim remains in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital in Camden.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Haddonfield Police at 856-429-3000.
new jersey, hit and run, accident, camden county, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 30 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine