2 displaced in South Philadelphia fire, pets missing
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are displaced after a house fire in South Philadelphia.
Crews were called out to the 1500 block of Catherine Street around 6:15 a.m. where they found heavy flames shooting from the second floor.
Officials say there were no smoke detectors in the home.
A man and a woman were able to escape, but a dog and cat remain missing.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book