2 displaced in South Philadelphia fire, pets missing
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are displaced after a house fire in South Philadelphia.
Crews were called out to the 1500 block of Catherine Street around 6:15 a.m. where they found heavy flames shooting from the second floor.
Officials say there were no smoke detectors in the home.
A man and a woman were able to escape, but a dog and cat remain missing.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 20 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
20 min ago