Multiple arrests at rowdy street party near Rutgers campus
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rutgers University officials are not commenting about an off-campus street party that got out of control.
New Brunswick police in riot gear arrested several people as officers used pepper spray to disperse some 200 revelers on Delafield Street Saturday. Most were cited for disorderly conduct or simple assault.
Police were called to the scene after partygoers began fighting, breaking bottles and burning furniture in the residential neighborhood.
Most of the partygoers appeared to be Rutgers students.
The street party, dubbed "Delafest," apparently was an outgrowth of Rutgersfest. The annual concert was canceled two years ago after university officials decided it had become too dangerous.
Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , http://www.mycentraljersey.com
new jersey, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police