5 sought in Juniata Park home invasion, abduction
JUNIATA PARK - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the five men in connection with a home invasion and abduction in the Juniata Park section.
It all happened around 4:00 a.m. Monday in the 4000 block of Lawndale Street.
Police say the five masked suspects, dressed all in black, broke into the home through a basement door while three people inside.
A 14-year-old was tied up during the incident. Those ties were still on the front steps as police arrived on the scene.
A 57-year-old woman was bound and pistol-whipped, police say. She was taken to Temple Hospital for head and neck injuries.
An 18-year-old man in the home was abducted by the masked men. He was dropped off less than a mile from the home on East Tioga Street unharmed.
Investigators say they are still not sure why the house was targeted.
juniata park, philadelphia, home invasion, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 50 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 20 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 51 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
20 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos