New Castle traffic stop leads to drug charges
NEW CASTLE, Del. - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a 25-year-old man from Bear and charged him with drug dealing and other drug charges.
Police in New Castle County say they stopped Lavar Thompson on Thursday as he was driving in the area of the Christiana Village Townhomes when he failed to use his turn signal.
Officers stopped Thompson and a subsequent search of the vehicle revealed cocaine, steroids and counterfeit money.
More cocaine, heroin and prescription pills were found on Thompson.
Police say they also found drugs at a storage unit he was renting and at his business.
Thompson's father declined to comment when reached by phone Monday.
new castle county, delaware, illegal drugs, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 12 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Bucks Co. DA announces heroin crackdown 14 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
7 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos