Suspicious package neutralized at Lehigh Valley Hospital
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A bomb squad has detonated a suspicious package at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
WFMZ-TV reports Salisbury Township police say they had been called to the hospital around 8:30 p.m. Sunday to investigate a suspicious person. Investigators say they then discovered the package between two vehicles.
Police later found the suspicious person, but they say there was apparently no connection between the person and the package.
Sgt. Donald Sabo tells the station the device was rendered safe and that there was no immediate threat to staff, patients or anyone else on the hospital property. Officials say they still don't know what was in the package.
Information from: WFMZ-TV, http://www.wfmz.com
allentown, lehigh county, pennsylvania, bomb scare, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 35 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
7 min ago