Suspicious package neutralized at Lehigh Valley Hospital
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A bomb squad has detonated a suspicious package at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
WFMZ-TV reports Salisbury Township police say they had been called to the hospital around 8:30 p.m. Sunday to investigate a suspicious person. Investigators say they then discovered the package between two vehicles.
Police later found the suspicious person, but they say there was apparently no connection between the person and the package.
Sgt. Donald Sabo tells the station the device was rendered safe and that there was no immediate threat to staff, patients or anyone else on the hospital property. Officials say they still don't know what was in the package.
Information from: WFMZ-TV, http://www.wfmz.com
allentown, lehigh county, pennsylvania, bomb scare, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 7 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 2 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 9 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 11 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 35 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier