1 dead in South Philadelphia fire
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire claimed the life on an elderly woman Monday afternoon in South Philadelphia.
Flames broke out on the first floor of a row home on the 2100 block of Pierce Street shortly after 4:00 p.m.
Crews knocked out the blaze in less than 20 minutes but it was too late for the victim.
While the cause remains under investigation, crews located several kerosene heaters inside.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 17 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
17 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos