1 dead in South Philadelphia fire
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire claimed the life on an elderly woman Monday afternoon in South Philadelphia.
Flames broke out on the first floor of a row home on the 2100 block of Pierce Street shortly after 4:00 p.m.
Crews knocked out the blaze in less than 20 minutes but it was too late for the victim.
While the cause remains under investigation, crews located several kerosene heaters inside.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 53 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 1 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests