3 people escape West Berlin house fire
WEST BERLIN, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say three people escaped a fire at a house in West Berlin, New Jersey early Tuesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 1:00 a.m. on the 200 block of Powell Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing throughout the 2-story house.
Three adults were inside the home but managed to escape. They were taken to area hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two were released while one is being kept for observation.
The fire was discovered when the home smoke detector activated, investigators say, which alerted the homeowners.
The home was a total loss.
The fire was determined to have been started by a faulty electrical cord in a rec room.
fire, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 32 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 52 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom