3 people escape West Berlin house fire
WEST BERLIN, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say three people escaped a fire at a house in West Berlin, New Jersey early Tuesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 1:00 a.m. on the 200 block of Powell Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing throughout the 2-story house.
Three adults were inside the home but managed to escape. They were taken to area hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two were released while one is being kept for observation.
The fire was discovered when the home smoke detector activated, investigators say, which alerted the homeowners.
The home was a total loss.
The fire was determined to have been started by a faulty electrical cord in a rec room.
fire, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?