3 people escape West Berlin house fire
WEST BERLIN, N.J. - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say three people escaped a fire at a house in West Berlin, New Jersey early Tuesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 1:00 a.m. on the 200 block of Powell Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing throughout the 2-story house.
Three adults were inside the home but managed to escape. They were taken to area hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two were released while one is being kept for observation.
The fire was discovered when the home smoke detector activated, investigators say, which alerted the homeowners.
The home was a total loss.
The fire was determined to have been started by a faulty electrical cord in a rec room.
fire, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos